Friday, March 18, 2011

A few lines on a Friday evening - in nerd mode!

Motivation:

With less than 5 months to go - motivation is still huge! Still sooo much to learn! Training is getting more on schedule. I try to train smarter and optimize every session as training volume increases. Now around 10-12 hours a week.

For the last couple of months I have’nt been able to look further than August 14. But suddenly new challenges appears in my mind. ½ IM Lazarote? Marathon somewhere in Europe… time will show. Challenge Copenhagen is not THE mountain to pass any more … but something on my way J I think these new thoughts appear while triathlon training becomes more a lifestyle, than "just" training. Its a good feeling.

Gear:

I feel very geeky! Once a week a box arrives at work... With some nerd gear. This will be my new best friend I hope ...

Swim:

Status. Last TT test. 1000 m with finns: 0:14:22

Improvements sure – but still so much to learn.

Swim stronger, faster and smarter seems to hook me. Swim training increases with 100% for the next weeks. Program says 5 times a week. … Looking forward to some really dry skin …:-/

But since its my weakest disciplin right now I need to build up strength here. Coach Mark Saus expects me to improve my strenght in the core muscles, my mobility in shoulders and lower back. Some few exercises have found their way to my daily evening program...

And they are pretty simple – but since training gives me a strong sleeping heart, I need some reminders, before I take of at night … Rotations and kicking!

Bike:

It has been f****** snowing – AGAIN! Time for outdoor biking has been deferred … Still building up with the indoor classes about 5h a week. In 3 weeks I am leaving for Club La Santa – weheeee - and the training schedule shows a lot of km in the mountains – so I better get my self prepared!

Another preparation is handling a puncture! Oh man! Am I glad that I vent to the “How to change a bike tire … YES”. Fitnessdk TRI team was invited by AH Cykler to come watch and learn. And it was actually a lot of fun. And a big pleasure - in the end - to THROW THAT TIRE ON!! Don’t mess with me, your little impish fellow! What seemed to be SOOOOO easy, when the bike mechanics did it, was very difficult. But we did it!!! And of course. I ended up buying puncture free tires!!

Running:

Nike Marathon test 2 - 15km - with almost a steady pace of 5 min/km. It was my best finish of 15k so fare. Finish time: 1:19:45

The day before I biked for 3h followed by 1ok run - so I was happy and satisfied doing that pace with tired legs.

During the run i got another experience since my watch suddenly stopped! I could´nt see the pace holders so I decided just to listen to my body and run on the feeling. Great learning that I actually followed my pace, just on the feeling.

My sofa misses me - I better take care of it now.

Love, L

1 comment:

  1. Marathon i Hamburg is awsome. You can't help loving it.

    I hope your 310XT will bring you happiness. When I works, it is very nice to have. For cyckling and running. But sadly I can not use it for swim training.

    ReplyDelete