Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My first ride!

Saturday morning I went out for my first oudoor bikeride on my beautiful Argon18. We were around 12 who drove out to the place called "Tyren" up north. All from the Fitnessdk TRI team. Great group of newbies and experienced. So I felt safe :-)

I have been waiting for so long for this first trip - that my expectations were sky high - and my nerves too! It was around 8 degrees outside - but sunshine! Within less than 10 minutes my fingers were very cold - and gave me a little more challenge on the shifter, than I needed. With questions like: Which one is the front brake? Why change to the big chainring? Where should I put my extra bicycle tube? Uahhhhh how do I easiest get out of the click pedal? I knew it would be a day where I would get best off listening to the experienced bikeriders - and just do my best to follow their pace and advice! And actually. It went really well.
90 km with both flat roads and small hills - great company - just a little snow (!!!! wtf) and lots of fresh air, beautiful landscapes - I had a perfect first ride! Thanks to all of you who made it a good day :-)

Bikefitting
Sunday I had an appointment with Kim Visby from Fit4Bike. He is a professional bikefitter and former pro triathlete.
With my 4 hour drive the day before I knew where the body was sore ... Good start for the perfect fit! He helped me choose aerobars, he mounted them and made my bikefit both for sitting in the aeroposition and normal position. Great job. And good learnings.
The film below shows me before the fitting - and afterwards.

I am looking forward to some amazing rides out in the spring with a lot of kind, helpful, funny, loving people.

See you out there!
Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment