Monday, November 29, 2010

Training when sick…

Since last Sunday I have had a bad bad flue. I went swimming with my kids and girlfriend and caught something horrific in the not so clean water of the kid’s pool…
Dam, Shit F… What to do about training???
Should I ask big T? No ways – he would just tell me to get on with the training despite my health and general well being. Run the cold out of your body or maybe something like - Are you in or not your wimp!!?? I could not take the chance asking Thomas and letting him down J. Who should I turn to for advice? My brother could be a good choice! But then I started to think about his general feeling towards this type of extreme training activities and could already hear him preaching… don´t do anything your body tells you not to do. You will only prolong your illness, training when sick and so on…
So what to do? Listen to your own inner voice? Maybe a vice decision. That’s what I did and almost got through the week with my planned activities.
It has been a though week. The training itself has actually been the time of the day I felt the best. But after training and at night time my lungs have had a terrible week.
Today a new week start and I’m still feeling so bad…. I am surrendering and asking anyone advice – and that´s includes Big T…
Unfortunately I don´t live in Barcelona where the medical tolerance is somewhat lower then here in Nordic. Should I see a doctor or just keep on training?

5 comments:

  1. Go see a doctor and take it from there - end of story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big T says - definitely don´t train when sick. See a doctor asap and get well.. Then resume training. Training for more than 2 hours leaves your immune system down to 50% for up to 48 hours ... hence, we´re always under stress. That´s why, in the end, you get healthier and stronger while training. But also remember be very careful to avoid sources of bacteria (wash you hands) and virus (stay away from snot-unger)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Should all of them (4) sleep outside :-)
    Good info about the immune system. Did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter, This might be too late for you right now since the evil virus already go you ... but. This little bottle is full of miracles, if you have the slightest feeling of something hitting you. I always dope my self to the max with it if I feel my immune system is under pressure.
    http://www.netspiren.dk/pi/Echinaforce-200-ml--13950-516.aspx
    Get better soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Louise!
    Thanks for the tip!
    I use it as you decribe but this time it got the better of me. The important thing is to take it early!!!

    ReplyDelete