Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Macca's Mindset

Stumbled across this very private and honest little interview with Chris McCormack. It's a bit different than most sport-interviews. My dad would hate it: "Why don't they just show the matches instead of talking all that nonsense". I like it though. Especially like getting a tiny insight into this mans head. As he obviously does too, I find it quite fascinating to try to understand the psychological part of sports. Why some teams can win one day and loose big time the next. Why some athletes can set record after record in their trainings and then fail totally at competitions. What is it that makes that tiny little difference? What made Macca win that day on Hawaii? What is inside that ironman? What is he made of besides one hell of a fit body?
I know that one of my really strong sides in competitions is my psyche. Usually. How it will react on race-day is not for anyone to say by now. The only thing I can say for sure is that I am very aware of the important role of the psychological aspect in all of this. Both in trainings and on race-day. I try my best to improve my mind's strength and stuff like this inspires me to do it even more.

I like the relaxed form of the interview too and I do like his point in the end stating that you don't have to be fanatic about eg. food. You just have to be considered and sensible and I guess the statement "think before you drink(and eat)" is pretty apply able to all of this - and then don't go kill yourself after wards if you grabbed a beer or ate some chips at a party.


I could go on and on, but enough with the nonsense - just watch the interview instead.

1 comment:

  1. Damn - apart from the so annoying zcherman interviewer going "ja ja ja" - I like it too.

    Don´t trust any pro-triathlete on their diet, they all keep that pretty much to themselves.

    Truth is that his mind is his winning edge - he is so strong and you have to admire him for that! Cheers

    ReplyDelete