Wednesday, January 12, 2011


Well… planning is I guess my strong force when it comes to training. Not only do I need to take my family into consideration but my work also calls for quite some travel activities.
I’m following Thomas’s Nice Iron Man program as precise as possible. This has allowed me to actually put all my training activities into my outlook calendar.
Not only am I aware of the coming activities but synchronizing with Tanja´s calendar lets her having a feeling of where I´m at during the week and she often joins me!
I´m currently very focused on getting the right intensity into my training. Trying to figure out my Threshold and max pulse are very interesting and adds that little “science” to training I like.

The amount of hrs. the Nice program calls for now is only aprox. 10 hrs. a week. Whats nice about following a straight program is making sure you are following the step model. 10, 12, 14 and the 12, 14, 16 and so on.
I feel stronger every week and have a feeling that my FTP has increased from say 160w to somewhere around 200w over a 4 months period.
It is great to actually see that one is getting into a better shape and I would recommend everyone to start measuring them self.

Swimming:

Well… I´m training with a coach every Monday and she are telling me that my technique is improving a lot.
I find my energy consumption in my legs way to high. If I let them drag I actually feel more comfortable and faster in the water… Trying to get the 2 + 3 rhythm (2 kicks when taking a breath and 3 when not breathing) instead of the normal continually kicking they teach you when learning crawl.
Was at “DGI Byen” last Saturday. They have a round pool giving you the feeling of endless long swimming if you need that….

Bike:

I have a standing reservation at 24seven.com where “my” bike is frequently used. I´m not doing any “spinning” or similar. It’s only me, the bike and a lot of good music to keep me going.
This is a lonely game but I feel that it is preparing me well. The feeling of competing against your self is character building. It reminds me that on race day I´m so alone and the only one who can help me is myself and my knowledge of how my body reacts. Being able to push hard when alone on the bike is dammed difficult but rewarding at the end.

Running:

Running is quite good. My knees have gotten used to +1 hrs. I feel that there is room for improvement in speed. Most training is committed to IM speed = 10,8 k/h. The cardio training is easier on the bike if you ask me…
I have 1 long run every week with Tanja (Marathon program). This run is between 18 – 20 k. Tempo is slow but good for making the body endurable.

Take care out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment