Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not next year – now its THIS year!

Happy New Year everyone – I hope you had exactly the night you wished for! For the first time in 15 years I was’nt elegantly wasted and dancing on the tablesJ Celebrated the night with my sister and her boyfriend – and we had the best evening. Talking a lot about the past year, and our personal wishes for 2011. Quite a night with a lot of dreaming – and thats what keep us going, right? Never stop dreaming – never stop taking challenges. We all agreed – 2011 will be a great year!!!

Saying goodbye to a sporty 2010 running Änglemark New Years run Friday morning. (I did my best 10k ever – 51m43s. If the pavement conditions was’nt icy and slippery, I’m sure I could have pushed it under 50 minutes! Dammit.

Very little alcohol on New Years eve allowed me to get up early 1.th of January. Kickoff 2011 with fresh mind and body – I went to the gym very early and joined a bikeclass and afterwards outdoor running! What an amazing feeling that day. The city was so quite, and the year so untouched!

Sunday I participated in a 3hour event. Starting with outdoor running, bodypump, bike class, core training and afterwards some stretching! It was a great event – and the body was all worked out in the end. 2 days later it hit me! My legs felt like old dry wood! I will never again underestimate the effect of coretraining and bodypump! I did one mistake though – I could'nt resist the temptation off Monday morning bike class and outdoor running in the evening. Pretty roasted legs was the effect!

Getting into gear with new training scedules in Fitness.dk my training plan for January looks like this:

Monday: 1h bike class + ½ hour interval running on treadmill.

Tuesday: 1h swim class with private swim coach. Teaming up with 3 others from the TRI team.

When time allows: Coretraining

Wednesday: 2h bike class

Thursday: 1h swim class. Evening: Kettlebell class

Friday: 1h bike class + ½ h interval running on treadmill.

Some Fridays I will join TRIteam outdoor running in the evening instead of running after bike class.

Saturday: Restday

Sunday: Long swim 1,5h + long run 1,5h

In Fitness.dk they do all kinds of events that will prepare us for Challenge Copenhagen. Next exciting event is next Saturday. The event focuses on simulating the openwater swimstart, where swimmers struggle to keep head above water, gasping for air while everybody just swim like hell getting first in line! I’m a little terrified already since I havn’t got my wetsuite yet …

I definitely need to get it before the event, since it will be pretty difficult swimming without my dear pool buoy J

Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment