Monday, December 20, 2010

Brick...

Last week was ending fast and I was behind with my training. I left for training late last night and would like to get 1½ hrs. brick training before calling it the week.
For some reason I have never had any problems with the transition from bike to run and I told my brother as late as Wednesday that the “brick” sensation more or less had disappeared…. Good or bad?
Well the brick came back last night at 23:15 with revenge! After one hrs. on the bike at say 75% I went straight on to the treadmill. I think I was hydrated OK and food was also OK but my left shinbone did not agree at all!
After only 7 minutes at a little faster than IM speed my left leg started to feel so strange. I could see that it was actually larger then my right leg and semitendinosus and biceps femoris was probably in a spasm.
The left leg was hitting the treadmill soooo hard and it felt as if the treadmill would break underneath me :-) - the brick sensation was back!!
At one point I actually thought that I had an injury and started to walk instead of running. But 5 minutes of walk and I started to run again and the sensation of stonelegs was gone after only twenty some minutes.
Today I can feel my legs like I went for the first run ever….
Train hard everyone and don´t get scarred when the bricks hit you!

See you all on Tuesday at 10.00?

No comments:

Post a Comment