Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Humor when training

Well I feel a little bit outside in this fine company of triathletes. So how can I contribute in this amazing flow of relevant, educational and serious discussions?

I may be able to contribute a little using a different angle “ humor in training”. Does such an expression even exist? Not sure but this will be my fore most important ingredient in my attempt to complete my preparations towards Copenhagen Challenge 2011.

Bing able to smile at yourself and others is important in all aspect and situation of your adult life. We all know this but do we practice it?

When was the last time you smiled at yourself and thought “Glad nobody saw me doing that”?
For some reason this happens quite often to me and I know of at least one other person in this forum who is in the same league as me – she knows who I´m thinking of :-)

So… humor in training…. What comes first to mind? Well sitting on a bike for 6 hrs. calls out for some obvious comments.
I remember one of my first questions when signing up. I asked Big T – what about your ass? Serious as always he replied, “man, at this point in time you’re an Iron Man – and so is your ass".
I laughed but quickly found out that the answer he gave me was really his opinion on how to tackle pain - on raceday all pain is irrelevant - Make it to the line is what counts.

So after my first lecture I could conclude that not only would I become an Iron Man but more importantly my but would become hard and cold….

I don´t really have that approach towards pain - atleast not yet. So what to do? Research research and more research.
My results and test are clear – I have found a solution for all IM contenders – maybe not for race day but the never ending hours on the trainer can become complete bottom painless!

Next time I will talk about how to knock yourself out while sitting on the bike – don´t miss out on my next humorous but serious contribution :-)

Short spin this is a good alternative.




When the distance/time is plus 1 hr. use this type of sadle



Semi long traing +3 hrs use this type of sadle ir recommended. This sadle is also very usefull if you are male and +40....







Now we move on to the sadle i had on my last bike - before Argon 18. This is soooo sweet and will give you the relief you have been looking fore! This is the choise for the long days in the sadle.







On those +5 hrs of work out or race day it self you really need to find somthing that will reliefe your bottom and soack up all those - well juices - your body desperatly are trying to get rid of. This is my favorite sadle and Im currently trying to have it custom fittet my Argon.




I hope my research will help you pick out the right type of sadle!

No comments:

Post a Comment