Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hi, welcome to the online learning center. I'm coach Marc Evans

I remember the feeling when I was standing on the beach in Barcelona minutes before entering the Mediterranean and my very first triathlon race ever in October 2010. I was really, really nervous. Excited, but nervous. Mostly because of the unknown I was about to jump into, but also because I was not really confident with my swimming skills. At all!

Little nervous girl, bigger not so nervous man.

But as I made the first part in the water it was all good. I could breath. I could actually crawl. 1500 meters. Piece of cake. That I lost my orientation every nineteenth meter and maybe took the first of the 3 C's - nadar con calma - a bit too literal is a whole other story.

After-wards I could look back at good experience and go home with a nice feeling of self-confidence. If I could learn to swim like that from scratch in less than two months ... well, then the swimming part cannot be that terrifying and hard after all.

Beforehand I had had a couple of swimming lessons in Copenhagen but besides that I learned it all from the dear YouTube. Especially from Mr. Marc Evans.

Check it out if you need to get some competent advice for swimming or maybe if you just need a voice to fall asleep to - yeah, he is definitely not the best entertainer. To put it mildly. Yet, I have learned to like his somehow monotone voice and incredibly boring intros. Underneath you can see three of my favorite videos but there is much more where that come from on the evanscoaching youtube channel - also on cycling and running.

Give it a shot!





No comments:

Post a Comment