Sunday, December 19, 2010

You know what you got – but not what you get.

This week I took a discision about changing gym. And that was somehow tough! Just like changing school or job. You know that you got – but not exactly what you get. You leave friends and training partners who knows your strenghts and your weaknesses. That’s comforting and nice – but I feel the need for a change.
The last couple of years I have been training in the gym called SATS – and been VERY satisfied with their instructors. Expecially 2 x Jakob ( Elkjær and Kvist) have build me up to where I am now – from having a hard time running 5k to dedicate myself to do an ironman distance. Quite a move in 15 months. Thank you guys for keep pushing and motivating me! I will miss you – but I am sure we will meet again out there on the running tracks, in races and so on J
Since the training volume has increased a lot due to my ironman trainings – I suddenly felt a little alone in my project. Of course I have you guys here at the blog J but I needed tranings partners that worked for the some goal as me. Getting the motivation from a lot of people – and not just from a little crowd. I am a rookie – and need to have people around me who can teach me how to, why, when and how much. This ironman project is huge – and I wish to get to know every step of the way – and know as much as possible about what happens when and how. I admit my lack of knowledge – and ability to believe my own estimations on training volumes and focus are good enough. I jump into the kindergarden J Teach me. I am eager to get better.
So today I had my first bike and running training in Fitness.dk – not yet at the TRI Elite team – but that will come during the week. Swim classes are a part of the Elite team trainings - so this week will be the first time to show my swim skills ... and get some instruction. Perfect!

Read much more on the fitnessdk TRI team here.

On raceday, I feel very convinced, that it will make a huge difference to see people from Fitness.dk TRI team, that I know have been struggeling with the same fears, challenges and training pains as me. They will not be unknown opponents – but friends and supporters.
I am very excited to see what the teamspirit can give me – hopefully a lot of motivation, friends and training knowledge due to get in shape for my goal.
Louise

4 comments:

  1. It sounds really good, Louise. I train at fitnessdk as well and I am pretty satisfied with it.

    I join the tri4-club from January, since I have been swimming on their team, and I really like their coaches etc. Yet, it annoys me a bit, that I have not heard about the fitnessdk-tri team until now. Just checked it out and they have closed the sign-up for 2011 already.

    Can't wait to hear all about your experience with the new team.

    See you very soon :)

    Luv M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Majeline,

    Good to hear that I already have a trainingpartner :-) Goood news you are in Fitness.dk - and really strange you havn't heard about their setup .... There might still be possibilites for getting on the team - I will ask for it as soon as possible.

    And great news Thomas is getting to DK tomorrow - cant wait to get to train with you guys!!! Actually an honor training with our longdistance coach :-)

    See you very soon:-)
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! I am leaving the best days in BCN with 25 degrees and t-shirt on the beach. So I am gonna need all the warmth and support from you guys, to get through winter trainings. Actually my knees suffer a lot (no bad excuse) in the cold - so I´d prefer some indoor stuff if possible. Hook me up please ;)

    I agree on Louise points on the value of a team and having training partners. But no matter how you put it, on race day you are ALONE ... you have to do that work. The motivation and power comes from inside of you. Keep that in the back of your head and do some long lonely rides, to get used to the silence ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - you cannot believe how goddammit cold it is here!

    I have sent you an email with training suggestions - I am trying to hook you up on my trainings as guest - but the waitinglists are long ... so if they will suite you let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete