Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Running with - and in colours!


Christmas time went well with a lot of training – avoiding gaining weight – and exploiting the holidays. I enjoyed having time to scedule my new trainings in Fitness.dk – and until now I am very satisfied with my options in Fitness.dk

The heavy amounts of training during Christmas peaked with a 14,4k run Sunday afternoon. With the team I ran one of the 3 loops we are doing for the marthon part of Challenge Copenhagen. Great experience to get to know it – and while running in the f…… cold conditions, avoiding slipping on the very icy pavement and still keeping the pace, I felt very welcome J

Once again I must share the magic with my trainings – I had two passes today – and each of them with magic moments! Listen here.

The day kicked off with swimming. Until today nobody, who could guide me and teach me how to get better, has seen my swimming skills … So it was with some nerves, I jumped in and did the intervals I was asked to do. Swimming as fast as possible 3 x 25m – then 1 x 25 in a resting tempo. 10 repeats! Oh lord. I saw stars while gasping for air, trying to remember my technique, and constant reminding my self of: Your arms won't fall of ! Push it harder! Really trying my best not to fail on my first real swim training. If my arms was’nt feeling soooo punished – I would have had them abowe my head all day. 2 months of swim technique focus payed of – I could push my self harder then I thought! Yir.

Since Sundays run I have been thinking about how to get rid of my fears of falling and getting injuries. Actually I love running in snow – its kind of playfull, quiet and joyfull! I always find some magic during those runs. But I constantly remind myself of NOT slipping, and that freezes my moves and makes my running unrelaxed. The solution was te get some new trail running shoes right away.

And look above ...these colourful running shoes are mine now – and tonight – we went out on a 8k run – and they are AMAZING. I felt like spiderman! Flying over the hard-pressed snow around my favorite running track – the lakes in Copenhagen! The shoes sort of stick to the icy, wet pavement. The soles are low, the spikes are soft and adjust easy to the changes of substrate.

It felt almost like running on New Years Eve. Seriously! The landscape was all white. All the lightnings from light signs, cars, windows reflected on the snow – making it all colourful and very beautiful. I reminded my self of putting that magic moment in my ”mental backpack”. There will be times when running sucks. But these evenings just add on so much happiness that I do not even want to think of the bad runs. Come and see if you can catch me! I am flying.

While running out there I must have looked like an idiot – but I was so happy. One more time I got to the conclusion: Training is a drug.

Keep running - and enjoy the freshness of the chillfactor :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment