Thursday, December 30, 2010

What a gem!


Yesterday I decided to try out a different public pool here in Helsingborg. I read somewhere that they had restored an old swimming facility but was sad to read that it was only 25 m.

Well last night at 20:30 I reached Filborna badet (http://www.hssim.com/bad-h/filborna/). The place looked very nice from the outside and there was loud body pump music coming from the fitness rooms.
Once inside the facilities I found myself able to either swim in an old 25m pool with low hanging ceiling or jump into the new pool.
It was soooo nice! I guess 40 m wide and everything brand new. I was the only one in the water and it was so clear that I could see from one end to the other underneath the water.
Everything you may need for a good workout was also available and I tried swimming with flippers for the first time. It was a good experience that gave me time to focus on high elbows and breathing techniques.
After one hrs. a group of 6 elderly people joind me (+ 50). Wow could they swim! I guess they where old elite swimmers and found out that they still compete.
I found myself struggling to keep up with them – still using flippers – but it was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment